Who We Are
Tejas is a premier Christian retreat center centrally located between Austin, Houston and San Antonio. We are committed to serving, training, and encouraging all who come while proclaiming God’s Word in a fun, unique and hospitable setting. Our private rooms, bunk houses, conference rooms and recreational facilities provide the perfect setting for sharing Christ to over 25,000 people a year through retreats, summer camps and Lights of Tejas. Explore the site to see how we can partner together to help transform lives for Christ.
Tejas is a a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization.
What We Do
Tejas has three major ministries. In the fall and spring the facility becomes a retreat center for Churches and groups looking for a place to go away from distractions and focus on their relationship with Jesus. In the Summer, Tejas is the host to over 5,000 children, who come with churches from all over Texas. Finally, every winter, Tejas is tranformed into a family fun Christmas celebration, Lights of Tejas. You can read more about each of our ministrues by clicking on the links below.
What We Believe
Our beliefs are founded upon the eternal and inspired Word of God. His Word is complete, final, and absolute. These are beliefs to which Tejas Ministries, Inc. will adhere to in all our direct functions, training, and discipleship. We acknowledge that our guests may have beliefs that slightly vary from ours, but we agree to work and assist them as fellow members of the Body of Christ unless our differences distract us from our mission.
- We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God.
- We believe in one God, eternally in three persons; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and therefore will be eternally separated from God without trusting in the blood of Jesus Christ to atone for our sins.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for the sins of man and was resurrected on the third day, so that all who believe in Him are cleansed by His blood and will spend eternity in the presence of God.
- Definition of Marriage. We believe that marriage is a biblical institution established by God as described by Scripture uniting one man and one woman in covenant commitment.